Thursday, May 15, 2008

Today is My Birthday




I'ts official, I am now 50 years old.....Half a century.....Over the hill....Half way to 100....Nifty Fifty....The Big Five-Oh...Lego's have been around for 50 years... Madonna is 50 this year...The oldest surviving artificial Earth satellite, Vanguard 1, turned 50 years old on Monday...The Smurfs -- led by Papa Smurf and Smurfette -- kicked off a year of 50th birthday celebrations Monday with Smurfberry cake and sasparilla juice... 50-year-old fire put out. An underground coal fire has been snuffed out in China after decades of burning....Artificial intelligence is 50 years old this summer, and while computers can beat the world's best chess players, we still can't get them to think like a 4-year-old....


....Here is how I feel about turning 50......


Chronologically gifted!


I'm not old, I'm youthfully challenged.


It's not about age, it's about attitude.


Getting old sucks, but it sure beats the alternative.


Fifty happens!


Fifty is the ultimate "F" word.


Aged to perfection!


You're a classic, you only get better with age!


On your birthday: count your candles, count your years, count your blessings!


Age equals wisdom.


You go girl!


Age is not a destination, it's a journey!


I don't have hot flashes, I have power surges.


I live in my own little world, but it's okay because they know me here.


The older I get, the better I was.


As you grow older, you stand for more and fall for less.




No comments: